- Professional staff members and employees shall care for all patients with respect and pride and provide care and treatment that is both necessary and appropriate.
- Clinical care shall be based on identified patient healthcare needs, not organization economics.
- The Clinic shall conduct its operations in compliance with state and federal laws and policy specific to health care providers.
- The Clinic shall cooperate with any government inquiry concerning its compliance with such rules.
- The Clinic shall remain in compliance with all state and federal licensing requirements for health care facilities.
- Any professional staff member or employee who is licensed by a state agency (e.g., registered nurse, physical therapist) shall be personally responsible for maintaining such licensure.
- The Clinic shall devote necessary resources to ensure compliance with the federal regulations concerning the security and privacy of protected health information.
- Professional staff members and employees shall receive appropriate training to enable them to perform their job duties in compliance with these legal requirements.
- The Clinic believes that the fair and equitable treatment of patients, professional staff members, employees, and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals.
- It is a policy of the Clinic to provide care and treatment to patients without regard to the race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, or disability of such person or any other classification prohibited by law.